Find your local feminist group!

// 3 June 2010

UK Feminista have published a map showing local feminist groups.

It’s quite exciting to look at!

Contact them to get your group added. More details on their website

saranga // Posted 3 June 2010 at 3:51 pm

pah, the east of england’s rubbish!

(we must all be armchair/internet activists!)

Caroline // Posted 3 June 2010 at 4:29 pm

Essex doesn’t have one. Anyone up for starting a group around Chelmsford?

Laurel Dearing // Posted 3 June 2010 at 5:11 pm

yeah… that just confirmed that theres nothing in my area lol

Louise // Posted 3 June 2010 at 8:29 pm

No so exciting for me. I live just outside Hull! Any tips on starting up your own group?

spiralsheep // Posted 3 June 2010 at 11:42 pm

Doesn’t work in my older browser at all. I also suspect it might not work for people with disabilities who use adaptive technology such as screenreaders for the visually impaired.

Emmarainbow // Posted 8 June 2010 at 1:26 am

Very saddened by the complete lack of anything in Wales, except Cardiff, which is completely inaccessible from most of it. :(

Jess Hopkins // Posted 1 July 2010 at 3:00 pm

I have lived in Swansea for nealry a year now but dont really know that many people. I dont have the time/money to travel to Cardiff all the time but would love to set up a fem group in/near Swansea if anyone is interested?

Emmarainbow…where do you live?

x

Sophie // Posted 1 September 2010 at 11:52 pm

I was looking around Chelmsford too, but fortunately I’m only around for half the year until I finish Uni, so won’t be much help setting one up. But I’m hoping that by the time I’m back down here for good there will be. Think my best bet will be London though.

Caitlin // Posted 6 December 2010 at 8:40 pm

I know I’m very late to this, but Jess! I’m very disappointed by lack of feminist groups in Swansea too, so I’d be definitely up for a group!