Find your local feminist group!

by Catherine Redfern // 3 June 2010, 11:55

UK Feminista have published a map showing local feminist groups.

It's quite exciting to look at!

Contact them to get your group added. More details on their website

saranga // Posted 03 June 2010 at 15:51

pah, the east of england's rubbish!

(we must all be armchair/internet activists!)

Caroline // Posted 03 June 2010 at 16:29

Essex doesn't have one. Anyone up for starting a group around Chelmsford?

Laurel Dearing // Posted 03 June 2010 at 17:11

yeah... that just confirmed that theres nothing in my area lol

Louise // Posted 03 June 2010 at 20:29

No so exciting for me. I live just outside Hull! Any tips on starting up your own group?

spiralsheep // Posted 03 June 2010 at 23:42

Doesn't work in my older browser at all. I also suspect it might not work for people with disabilities who use adaptive technology such as screenreaders for the visually impaired.

Emmarainbow // Posted 08 June 2010 at 01:26

Very saddened by the complete lack of anything in Wales, except Cardiff, which is completely inaccessible from most of it. :(

Jess Hopkins // Posted 01 July 2010 at 15:00

I have lived in Swansea for nealry a year now but dont really know that many people. I dont have the time/money to travel to Cardiff all the time but would love to set up a fem group in/near Swansea if anyone is interested?
Emmarainbow...where do you live?
x

Sophie // Posted 01 September 2010 at 23:52

I was looking around Chelmsford too, but fortunately I'm only around for half the year until I finish Uni, so won't be much help setting one up. But I'm hoping that by the time I'm back down here for good there will be. Think my best bet will be London though.

Caitlin // Posted 06 December 2010 at 20:40

I know I'm very late to this, but Jess! I'm very disappointed by lack of feminist groups in Swansea too, so I'd be definitely up for a group!