Weekly round-up and open thread, 5 November 2012
by Helen G // 5 November 2012, 09:00
Here's this week's open thread for discussion and our regular round-up of some of the articles and blogs we've noticed over the last week or so, but not had time to post about.
If you have a link or comment that doesn't fit anywhere else and would like to share it, feel free to drop it in the comments here.
TRIGGER WARNING: This post contains links to external websites and blogs, some of which have comment threads and other material which some people may find triggering. The links here are posted in good faith but, as The F-Word has no control over the content of external sites, readers are advised to use their discretion and approach them with due caution.
DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER CLAUSE: The inclusion of any link in this post should not be construed as agreement or disagreement with its content by anyone at The F-Word. Links are posted for information and/or discussion purposes only and do not reflect any form of "official TFW party line" on any subject because there is no "official TFW party line".
- No More Cakes or Biscuits (Tangerine and Cinnamon)
- Woman who was raped and left in an alleyway was then raped again by a passer-by as she lay helpless (The Independent, Crime)
- Women shouldn't have mobile phones, politicians should: politician (Reuters, India Insight blog)
- Police question disability activist about 'criminal' posts on Facebook - UPDATE ( Pride's Purge)
- Living under the threat of welfare 'reform' ( Vox Political)
- Psychological impact of falls devastating for older people (WRVS)
- Atos benefits bullies killed my sick dad, says devastated Kieran, 13 (Daily Record)
- TW: A Fan Letter to Certain Conservative Politicians (Whatever blog)
- Fresh questions for PM over womens' role in government (Guardian, Politics)
- Government U-turn on abortion counselling (politics.co.uk)
- Hillary Clinton's Birthday: 65 Reasons To Love Her On Her 65th (Huffington Post)
- Tate Global: museum scours world for new art (The Independent, Arts and entertainment)
- Was Kate Moss exploited as a young model? (Guardian, Life and style)
- Bond, villain (Recipe Rifle)
- Catholic leaders furious at Stonewall's 'bigot' award for Cardinal Keith O'Brien (Guardian, World)
- Stuart Rodger sentenced for shouting at David Cameron (BC News, Glasgow & West Scotland)
- Your Jokes About Bloomberg's Sign Language Interpreters Aren't Funny (Atlantic Wire)
- All Grown Up (The DM Reporter)
- Women take on BBC over failure to get female experts on air (The Observer, Life and style)
- You can't run a fair society from the Gents' (Independent on Sunday, Comment)
This week's closing video is "The Moth and The Moon" by Jo Mango:
IMAGE ATTRIBUTION AND DESCRIPTION: The image at the head of this post is The F-Word's text logo, overlaid multiple times with the phrase "weekly round-up". It was made by Helen, based on the original TFW text logo.