Weekly round-up and open thread, 3 December 2012
by Helen G // 3 December 2012, 09:30
Here's this week's open thread for discussion and our regular round-up of some of the articles and blogs we've noticed over the last week or so, but not had time to post about.
If you have a link or comment that doesn't fit anywhere else and would like to share it, feel free to drop it in the comments here.
TRIGGER WARNING: This post contains links to external websites and blogs, some of which have comment threads and other material which some people may find triggering. The links here are posted in good faith but, as The F-Word has no control over the content of external sites, readers are advised to use their discretion and approach them with due caution.
DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER CLAUSE: The inclusion of any link in this post should not be construed as agreement or disagreement with its content by anyone at The F-Word. Links are posted for information and/or discussion purposes only and do not reflect any form of "official TFW party line" on any subject because there is no "official TFW party line".
- Ukip byelection candidate calls gay adoption 'child abuse' (Guardian, Politics)
- Why is 'feminism' such a tough badge to wear? (Guardian, Education)
- Porn stars and the naked truth (Independent, Science)
- Trigger Warning: Sites like Uni Lad only act to support our everyday rape culture (Independent, Voices)
- Slant from the Past: Founding Editor of Ms. Magazine, Letty Cottin Pogrebin, on How Her Iconic Magazine Forever Changed News Coverage on Women (The Slant)
- The women fighting sexism in the media - from Page 3 to politics (Guardian, Media)
- Sex for tuition fees anyone? Students being offered up to £15,000 a year to cover cost of university, in exchange for having sex with strangers (Independent)
- Feminism today: the fight has changed, the stereotypes remain, and the cause will never die (Independent, Voices)
- Transgender journey: the last post (Guardian, Life and style)
- Hunter Moore's Revenge Porn: Now With Driving Directions to Your House (xoJane)
- Strewth! David Campese has just found out the bloke in the press box is a Sheila (Telegraph, Sport)
- Leveson: what the inquiry missed (Channel 4 News)
- Ukip row: multiple reasons children taken from Rotherham foster parents (Guardian)
- France set to enact sweeping changes to sexual equality laws (Telegraph, World news)
This week's closing video is North Country by Roy Harper, from his 1974 album Valentine:
IMAGE ATTRIBUTION AND DESCRIPTION: The Public Domain image at the head of this post is "TFW_roundup_[Helen_remix]-240x240" and was made by Helen. The image has the words 'The F-Word Roundup' in white on a blue background.