Rejection lines given by women
Abby OReilly // 3 January 2008
So, here they are in descending order:
10. I think of you as a brother. (You remind me of that inbred banjo-playing geek in “Deliverance.”)
9. There’s a slight difference in our ages. (I don’t want to do my dad)
8. I’m not attracted to you in ‘that’ way. (You are the ugliest dork I’ve ever laid eyes upon.)
7. My life is too complicated right now. (I don’t want you spending the whole night or else you may hear phone calls from all the other guys I’m seeing.)
6. I’ve got a boyfriend (I prefer my male cat and a half gallon of Ben and Jerry’s).
5. I don’t date men where I work. (I wouldn’t date you if you were in the same ‘solar system’, much less the same building.)
4. It’s not you, it’s me. (It’s you.)
3. I’m concentrating on my career. (Even something as boring and unfulfilling as my job is better than dating you.)
2. I’m celibate. (I’ve sworn off only the men like you.) and the number 1 rejection line given by women (and what it really means)
1. Let’s be friends. (I want you to stay around so I can tell you in excruciating detail about all the other men I meet and have sex with. It’s that male perspective thing.)
It’s a funny post, but alas sometimes we do just mean what we say – no subtext!
Image by Annie Matronic, shared under a Creative Commons License