Wanky sexist product of the day

// 27 February 2008

“No means no. Well maybe if I’m drunk!”

From David and Goliath, who apparently ‘make stupid stuff so you don’t have to’.

How incredibly thoughtful of them. As it happens, I’d been hankering after printing a t-shirt encouraging guys to ply me with alcohol ’til I “consent” to them getting their end away inside me, but I was just too busy telling the young women of Sheffield to close their legs, stop crying rape and cover up their sexual assault inducing bosoms.

Damon // Posted 28 February 2008 at 12:52 am

I remember seeing a t-shirt in Asda with the slogan:

“If at first you don’t succeed… buy her another beer!”

Or words to that effect. Oh dear.

Lauren O // Posted 28 February 2008 at 1:57 am

That company is also responsible for that horrid “Boys are stupid; throw rocks at them” T-shirt.

Additionally, the owner of the company, Todd Goldman, ran into some scandal last year because he totally plagiarized art from a webcomic, and passed it off as his own painting in a gallery show.

So really there is nothing at all positive about any aspect of this company. Not a good place to spend your money.

Alison // Posted 28 February 2008 at 12:06 pm

I have just sent this email to questions@davidandgoliath.com,

I’d encourage others to have a go too.

I’ve always thought the vast majority of your products were at least questionable.

But it has to be said that your ‘designers’ have out done themselves here.

Quite how rape falls under the category of “stupid stuff” is beyond me, and frankly sending this message to your target audience of mid-teens seems downright irresponsible.

I wish so-called ‘fun’ Tshirt designers would consider the implications of their work before sending it out to the public domain.

I look forward to hearing how you justify yourselves on this one.

– Alison Hedley.”

Anna // Posted 28 February 2008 at 12:28 pm

I have just written a letter of complaint to this company, this t shirt is disgusting, what total idiot puts this on a t shirt?!

Evie // Posted 28 February 2008 at 4:56 pm

I’ve just sent this email to david@davidandgoliath.com

‘No means no well maybe if I’m drunk’

Great idea guys. Would you find that t-shirt so hilarious if your wife or daughter was wearing it?

Jane Purcell // Posted 28 February 2008 at 5:04 pm

I’ve just sent an email to the company saying:

Perhaps you could come up with a bloke’s t-shirt that reads:

I’m a Rapist, but only when they’re Drunk.

Alex Corwin // Posted 29 February 2008 at 3:57 pm

The T shirt appears to have been removed from the website! Hurrah! But it’s sad that it was there in the first place. I hope that all those at David and Goliath will seriously consider the implication of their ‘funny’ slogans next time.

Good Job in getting it removed guys!

Laura // Posted 29 February 2008 at 8:20 pm

Lara // Posted 29 February 2008 at 10:04 pm

Great work everybody! Too bad they’ve still got this one:

Jaime // Posted 1 March 2008 at 8:01 pm

The tee has been removed but on clicking the link there’s a ”Little Miss Bitch” tee in it’s place, intentional?

Laura // Posted 2 March 2008 at 4:49 pm

Oh how very grown up of them. It’s clearly intentional – Feministing were complaining too: