Protesting for women’s right to choose

// 20 May 2008

Just a quick post to the photos from this evening’s protest to protect women’s access to abortion up to 24 weeks.

See them all on Flickr.

rooroo // Posted 20 May 2008 at 9:43 pm

Great photos! I was really pleased to be there (although my voice is hoarse from all the singing) the turnout was brilliant.

Catherine Redfern // Posted 20 May 2008 at 9:55 pm

“Caution! Caution! They’re trying to ban abortion!”

“Get your rosaries off our ovaries!”

“Our bodies – Our lives – Our Right to decide!”

“Pro-Choice, and we’re proud of it pro-choice, and we’re proud of it…”

p.s. Is that woman knitting at the front? Cool!

Rachel // Posted 20 May 2008 at 10:11 pm

Right on sisters :)

I couldn’t be at the protest, but I’ve been following it all on the nicely cynical Guardian blog:

chem_fem // Posted 20 May 2008 at 10:27 pm

you made the BBC front page!

JENNIFER DREW // Posted 20 May 2008 at 10:47 pm

I too wasn’t able to join the protest because of my need for paid work!! But yes indeed photo shows a young woman knitting. Heh Heh!! Well done everyone – but fight isn’t over yet – nor will it ever be.

rooroo // Posted 20 May 2008 at 10:53 pm

Clause 5 has been defeated!!!

Catherine Redfern // Posted 20 May 2008 at 10:56 pm

Yes! They’ve rejected 20 weeks! Think they still have to vote on 22 weeks though. That Guardian live blog is very useful although I’m wearing out my refresh button…

joanne // Posted 20 May 2008 at 11:06 pm

Pleased with the result, though disappointing that there’s been no amendment tabled regarding extending the act to Northern Ireland.

Fanny Blood // Posted 21 May 2008 at 9:26 am

You look amazing. A picture of empowerment.

What would we do without you?

Well the fuck done, Sisters!