This was photoshopped

// 15 January 2009

photoshopstickers.jpg

Billboards in the Berlin metro have been plastered with mock-ups of the toolboxes in Photoshop.

I think the effect is fantastic. I’m not sure who carried out this particular piece of subvertising, but you can see more photos on epoxy’s Flickr stream.

(Via About-Face)

Baxendale // Posted 16 January 2009 at 12:03 am

FANTASTIC! wish this would happen in London. It’s great to remember that all these images we are bombarded with daily are totally unrealistic standards of ‘beauty’.

chem_fem // Posted 16 January 2009 at 8:39 am

Awesome!

It certainly gets the message across.

Anne Onne // Posted 16 January 2009 at 3:21 pm

Made my day. I hate how something that claims to be a photo (as opposed to, say a painting or CG) has so much editing done to it, and how we register it as a photo first, and have to remind ourselves that it’s photoshopped because this is so prevalent.

I’d like to see this on every advert that uses impossibly perfect photoshopped women!

shatterboxx // Posted 17 January 2009 at 12:45 pm

Yet another reason for me to move to Berlin :)

Jonni // Posted 17 January 2009 at 4:41 pm

Great post, it was the inspiration for a blog post today.

mezumi // Posted 18 January 2009 at 1:28 pm

BRILLIANT!

dear possibly existing higher entety/ thingy:

give the genius who did this a million pounds and an icecream sundae the size of texas.with sprinkles.

Seriously though,whoever did this rocks bigtime ive never seen a someone take a stand against phony airbrushed “pictures” that puts the messege across with so much punch and style.

ps, apologies for the rambling, my brain scrambles at this level of awsome.