25th BFI London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival
Helen G // 15 March 2011
The 25th BFI London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival is being held from 31 March to 6 April 2011. As ever there’s a huge range of films and events on offer, with the following specifically to mark the 25th anniversary of the festival:
- The Future of Queer Cinema – Come and share your views about the future of queer cinema in this informal discussion event.
- The LLGFF 25th Anniversary Lecture – Senior programmer Brian Robinson takes a stroll through 25 years of the BFI London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival.
- What Do You Think About Feminist Porn? – Come and tell us your thoughts about pornography within queer, lesbian and feminist spaces.
- Michael – One of the most significant gay-themed films to have emerged from the silent age.
- Mysterious Skin – A teenage hustler and a young man obsessed with alien abductions cross paths, together discovering a horrible, liberating truth.
- Rise Above: The Tribe 8 Documentary – Documentary about the San-Francisco-based lesbian punk-rock band Tribe 8.
- Transsexual Menace – Illuminating portrait of transgendered people in the USA who are defining themselves, demanding their legal rights, and fighting against discrimination.
- When Night is Falling – A rare chance to enjoy this lesbian classic on the big screen.