Call for monthly guest bloggers

// 11 January 2015

3963071428_cee81f9cc4_z.jpg

Hello all!

Hope your new year has had a great start.

We’re putting out an open call for new monthly guest bloggers. You get one month to say what you want to say here on the F-word.

Please check our “How to contribute” page if you’re unsure if you’re the right fit. Blog posts are usually about 800 words long.

If you’re interested leave me a comment down below before January 20th 2015 and I’ll get back to you!

Happy new year!

The woman in the photo above is holding a megaphone. Thanks Carl Johan Heickendorf for the photo!

Karolina // Posted 11 January 2015 at 8:33 pm

Hello! I have a small blog which is my personal space on the webs and I’m also a creative writing and journalism student looking to express myself. I’ve been interested in feminism for a long time but only now I feel like I have knowledge and ways of expressing myself and I think of this as a great opportunity to do so. I would very much like to be considered. :)

Lisa Stevens // Posted 12 January 2015 at 2:30 pm

Hi F Word team, I would be interested in contributing towards your blog, I have recently seen some great female stand up comedians that I could review and I am also intending to attend the next UN Women conference on 27th February in Newcastle, if you don’t already have someone covering this event perhaps I could write about it for you? Thanks, Lisa

Pip // Posted 12 January 2015 at 7:08 pm

I’d be interested in contributing – looking forward to hearing from you.

stonecypher // Posted 16 January 2015 at 10:55 am

Hi – I am interested in this! I particularly write about feminism in film (particularly horror films!). Next month is Women in Horror Recognition Month, which might be of interest. Would love to hear from you!

Jessica Wragg // Posted 16 January 2015 at 12:33 pm

Hi Josephine!

My name is Jess and I’m a 22-year-old blogger/journalist/fiction writer from the UK. I’d be extremely interested in a monthly guest blog spot on the F Word. It’d work well for me as I’m also studying for my MA whilst working on a novel/freelancing. My experience includes Papercut Magazine, Thought Catalog, Women Make Waves and Drafted Magazine. If you want to have a look at some of my past work, you can see it at jessicawragg.journoportfolio.com.

My email address is on my profile – if you can’t see it, though, feel free to message me back.

Jess x

GraceGarland // Posted 16 January 2015 at 1:24 pm

Hello. I would love to contribute a piece. I have previously written on women’s issues: http://www.kentishtowner.co.uk/2015/01/09/standing-manhood-completely-disagree/

If you would like to hear my proposed topic please do get in touch.

Best wishes

Grace

Hayley Masi // Posted 16 January 2015 at 2:13 pm

Expressing my interest! I’d love a place to express my many feminist opinions other than boring my friends and twitter followers (@hayleymasi should you like to confirm my relentlessness)

Grayce // Posted 16 January 2015 at 4:35 pm

I’d definitely be interested!

Josephine // Posted 16 January 2015 at 4:41 pm

Hello Josephine The F-Word Team,

I would be very interested in writing for The F-Word. I have been an active feminist all my adult life (I’m 45 now), campaigning against sexism and misogyny. I always have a great deal to say on the subject! I feel that I am probably amongst your slightly older readership so could offer a different voice / point of view etc.

I currently right for a magazine called “Lifestyle” (based in Spain but aimed at ex-pats etc) and an online academic journal. You can read examples of my work here:

Thanks & best wishes, Jo

Rachel charlton-dailey // Posted 16 January 2015 at 5:26 pm

Yes please, I have been blogging for five years and in december created femtellectual.com for smart and girly women. Also @rachelcdailey on twitter x

Alex Lomax // Posted 19 January 2015 at 1:12 pm

Would love to get involved! 22 yr old with a degree in Journalism. Want to write about what feminism means to today’s youth and the issues teen girls have in embracing it. Hope to hear from you!